- Event name:
- Estimating Course
- 10th September 2016
- Additional details:
To ensure project success...
Contractors must be able to provide accurate and professional estimates of costing and materials. This training course will provide learners with skills and knowledge related to estimating practices, and help them understand the importance of estimates as one of the key first steps in any construction job. The lesson modules cover a wide range of topics, with interactive activities based on real-life field situations to help reinforce the lessons.
After completing this course you will know more about:
- How to produce accurate and professional estimates.
- Site-specific conditions and regulatory requirements.
- How to handle the purchasing and logistics associated with materials on a construction project.
- Labour performance and operations.
- How to effectively organize and manage current and historical cost data.
- How to assemble bids and meet bid closure deadlines.
- On-site equipment and material placement.
- Safety and job conditions.
Instructor: Holly Hicks, P. Eng., GSC
Senior Estimator and Project Manager
Click here to read Construction Estimating Instructor, Holly Hicks's Bio.
Course Duration: Registration Starts at: 7:45 a.m.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
12noon - 12:30 p.m. Lunch (provided and included in registration cost)
Examination: 4:30 p.m.
Location: NLCA Classroom, 397 Stavanger Drive,Suite 202, St. John's
Cost: $275.00 member - $325.00 non-member
$295.00 member - $345.00 non-member (after August 26, 2016)
Please click here to download your registration form, or contact the NLCA office for more information.